Saturday, November 26, 2011

The first interview!!!

I am getting a lot of messages from future Au Pairs asking me about the first interview with the host family. Based on my personal experience I will give you some tips about questions you should give and questions you should expect from the family. I didn't have a chance to use the Skype when I matched with my first family. We just talked on the phone. On my second family I used the Skype and it was great to see the kids and the parents. First of all, pick a very quite place and don't let all your family be around you during the interview. It just makes you even more nervous. Make sure your webcam and your microphone is working well and if there is enough light in the room so they can see you. Have a note with you with the questions you should expect from them and the questions you wanna ask as well. Let me list some tips that might be helpfull:

- smile during the interview, even tough you're freaking nervous, show the family you're a happy person.
- if you don't understand, ask them to repeat and dont't pretend you understood
- show them you're interested to know about the kids, ask about the kids before asking about any other subject.
- don't go ahead and throw questions about car, vacation, payment, curfew, wait for the third interview.
- be carefull with the videos you make, don't be too revealing! pick the right outfit and a nice song.
- be carefull with your webpages like facebook, bloggs etc. Don't post pictures of you at the club or drinking and don't post anything that describe you as a bad person.
- ask them about their birthdates and try to surprise them with a call or a message even if you didn't match yet.

That's all for now and I wish you girls good luck and please contact me if you would like to talk about something else.

Kisses and Hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment